Did you know that there are Parental Controls on your Fire Tablet? This applies to the following models currently:
- Fire HD 6 (4th Generation)
- Fire HD 7 (4th Generation)
- Fire HDX 8.9 (4th Generation)
- Fire (5th Generation)
- Fire HD 8 (5th Generation)
- Fire HD 10 (5th Generation)
- Fire HD 8 (6th Generation)
Parental Controls will help you to restrict content from the following:
- The Amazon store
- Web browsing
- Email, Contacts, and Calendar apps
- Social network sharing
- The camera
- Specific content types (for example, Books or Apps)
If you desire, you can even password protect the following:
- Purchases from the Amazon stores on your device (for example, the Amazon Appstore)
- Playing movies and TV shows from Amazon Video
- Connecting to Wi-Fi
- Enabling location services
So, Let’s Get Started!
To set a parental controls password:
- Swipe down from the top of the tablet screen and then tap Settings.
- Select Parental Controls.
- Select the switch next to Parental Controls.
- Choose a password, confirm your password, and then tap Finish.
After you turn on Parental Controls, a lock icon will appear at the top of your screen.